Enterprise Search allows for extra fields, in addition to standard fields for the document content, for example doc_title and doc_body, and fields added by the Enterprise Search solution, for example system_number and system_location.
Extra fields can be introduced:
- By configuring a source that uses a provider that adds extra fields. Field extra_sms_contenttype_code is an example of a field added by the Smartsite provider.
- By configuring extra fields at silo wide level, for unanticipated fields, for example extra_category or extra_entitytype.
Enterprise Search supports:
- to include the extra fields at index time
- to use the extra fields at search time
- to retrieve the extra fields of a found document for presentation purposes or other purposes.