The Immediate window tab
The Immediate window allows you to execute SXML Viper instructions while debugging your site.
You can execute any expression that does not need a rendering context anytime. Contextual vipers however can only be used in 'break' mode.
- Open the debugger window (CTRL-D)
- Open the SXML code item you wish to debug in an Editor tab.
- Add a debug.break() or debug.assert() vipers to your code.
- Render the page. If your debug statement is hit, the debugger window will be activated.
- Select the Url in the listview showing the current requests
- Activate the Immediate window tab
- Enter an expression to test.