Import ContentType changes
The Cms manager action Manage ContentTypes includes two ways of importing contenttypes, using the Import/Export wizard or the Copy button. Either way, the Import ContentTypes function is called when invoking one of these methods.
This Import ContentTypes function did have some issues when importing a contenttype into a group with a different set of logical fieldnames.
It also wasn't consistent compared to Manage ContentTypes (it was e.g. possible to add a contenttype field on a derived contenttype using Import ContentType, whereas using Manage ContentTypes this is only possible on contenttype group level).
Therefore, as of iXperion 1.4 build 3, the Import ContentTypes functionality has been changed to solve these problems and now applies the following rules:
When importing an existing master contenttype
- Additional fields encountered within the xml will also be added on the derived contenttypes.
- When the option "Remove contenttype fields not listed in xml" is enabled, fields not listed within the xml will be removed from the master contenttype as well as its derived contenttypes.
- When the logical fieldname for a particular contenttype field differs, first a check is performed to find out that this logical fieldname isn't in use already. If not, the field is renamed for the master contenttype and its derived contenttypes.
When importing an existing derived contenttype
- Additional fields encountered within the xml will not be added; a warning is displayed stating that the master contenttype should be imported to add those fields.
- When the option "Remove contenttype fields not listed in xml" is enabled, fields not listed within the xml will not be removed; a warning is displayed stating that the master contenttype should be imported to remove those fields.
- When the logical fieldname for a particular contenttype field differs, this change is not persisted. It's not allowed to change the logical fieldname of any contenttype field on a derived contenttype. The Cms manager action Manage ContentTypes, as of 1.4 build 3, also enforces this rule.
When importing a new contenttype
- No restrictions, the Import ContentTypes function will try to create a contenttype field for every field definition encountered within the xml.
The log messages produced during the import process has also been adjusted, giving you better and more information of what is going on. It now also includes a summary at the end stating how many contenttype fields and/or contenttype field properties (ctfp's) have been added, changed or removed. And if no changes has been made to a contenttype, the summary will include a message stating this fact as well.