Release Notes for 7.10 build 2
Smartsite 7.10 - ...
Release date: January 8, 2019
- If you upgrade from Smartsite 7.1 or earlier, you must get a new license file from Seneca if you are currently using Hasp!
- Before you upgrade to Smartsite 7.4, you must convert your database to use nvarchar instead of varchar. Scripts are provided to perform this conversion, but it may take some time to convert the database and it may involve some manual steps. We recommend that you test this step in a test environment before applying it in production.
- Before you upgrade from Smartsite 7.4 or earlier, you must install .Net 4.5.2 on your server. We highly recommend that you install .Net 4.6.1 or later.
Fixes build 2
- jQuery version update, to fix an issue with the manager within Edge.
- Dual-list control fixed.
- Manage Content Access now always include all children (not just folder items), when the option Include all children has been selected.
- The Set Workflow action didn't preload the correct values for the current workflow, assigned usergroup and assigned user (if any).
- The Configuration Editor did use the value -1 as default upload limit application setting, meaning there will be no maximum filesize enforced. However, the File Uploader uses a built-in upload limit of 20 MB. The value -1 will no longer be available within the Configuration Editor.
- Manager actions
- Redesigned Manage ContentTypes
- Configuration Editor.
Wraps many configuration options in an annotated manager action to avoid misconfiguration.
- Geo location action now uses Leaflet.js if no Google (Maps) API key is provided.
Google has started charging for use of their Maps API. To avoid unforseen costs, the Geo location action can now use OpenStreetMap or other free map providers if no Google API key is present.
- Faceted Search Console ported from legacy cms.
- Manage Content Versions ported from legacy cms.
- Reassign References for user now has a Delete User button.
Because deleting a user was usually impossible before the reassign references action, no delete user button existed.
- Bulk Update can now be started from the Media Library.
- Media Library now has a status facet. This is set to Active when adding an image in TinyMCE.
- Management Information
Shows Smartsite Management Information (SMI) reports. Also available as dashboard widget.
- Edit Profile has been expanded with additional fields.
- Item Details improvements:
The status changes and content versions lists have been combined into a single list, showing the top 10 most recent content versions and the status changes belonging to these versions.
With the button Show versions, a library containing all content versions and status changes is opened. And when the user has access to the action, the Cleanup versions button will be available which will open the Content Versions action in single item mode.
Also, the Http Errors tab is now limited to showing the top 10 most recent errors and clicking the button Http Errors will open a library containing all the Http errors for this specific item.
- Dashboard widgets
- Widgets can now be added, moved and removed on the dashboard. Stored per user.
- Each widget can be enabled or disabled for all users in the Configuration Editor.
- Multiple widgets of the same type (with different parameters) can be added.
- Widget title contains information about its settings.
- New widget: Management Information shows a number of SMI reports. The widget is only available for users that have access to the Management Information action.
- Two-factor authentication for the manager. Sends an email or sms text message to the user trying to log in.
- Password expiry policy feature added (optional).
- File type security for user roles. Each file type can be assigned no, read or read/write access for a given user role. Can be enabled in the Configuration Editor.
- TinyMCE fields are now marked dirty while typing, in stead of after focus is lost.
- Adding a link to an image was broken.
- Added a Smartsite 5 style Quick Link button.
- Automatically opens the properties dialog after adding an image or link, when the CTFPs cms:imagepropertiesafter or cms:linkpropertiesafter are set to true.
- Changing the source of an image would lose all image server parameters.
- Enterprise Search
- Sorting in autocomplete.
- Autocomplete on multi word patterns.
- Bug fixes.
- ContentAccess security in Thesaurus term details.
- Thesaurus import fix.
- Sortable terms from edit item.
- Required thesaurus field in edit item didn't work.
- Notifications, Tasks and Logging
- Send email on notification.
- ContentChange notification is now assigned by the user making the change.
- Logging using the Database trace listener from the manager / the cms server fixed.
- Cleanup background process.
A background process will continually remove older entries from the Notifications, Tasks, HttpErrors, LogEntries and ChangeSets tables. Can be enabled in the Configuration Editor.
- Multi-threading fixes.
- Memory usage fixes.
- Import action would lock access to the database.
- AIM scan fix.
- Emergency redirect implemented.
This new feature allows you to redirect all requests to the Smartsite publication to another URL when your site comes under heavy load.
- Optionally use bit.ly urls in tweets.
- Fixed a bug in listboxes that don't represent a relation.
- Emergency redirect implemented.