Release Notes for 7.7 build 3
Smartsite 7.7 - ...
Release date: June 12, 2017
- If you upgrade from Smartsite 7.1 or earlier, you must get a new license file from Seneca if you are currently using Hasp!
- Before you upgrade to Smartsite 7.4, you must convert your database to use nvarchar instead of varchar. Scripts are provided to perform this conversion, but it may take some time to convert the database and it may involve some manual steps. We recommend that you test this step in a test environment before applying it in production.
- Before you upgrade from Smartsite 7.4 or earlier, you must install .Net 4.5.2 on your server. We highly recommend that you install .Net 4.6.1 or later.
Fixes in build 3
- Content infobox is now shown in itemlistinput control
- Bug fixed in exporting submitted forms
- Bug fixed in enforce friendly url
- Performance improvement when viewing notifications
- Fix for http logging which now catches more errors
- String.Removetags now also removes tags in encoded string
- ctrl:foldersonly did not work in a fileinput control
- m2m storage is now also usable in DataEditors, not just Edit Item
- Fix for Edit UserAction which crashed
Fixes build 2
- Ability to store the results of a duallist in a varchar column in the database
- AutoResize now works on images stored in the database
- Fix when uploading images
- Fixes lost text changes in TinyMCE when canceling an image selection or link creation
- Fixes a NullReference in the media library details
- Combines xforms-model-construct-done events for significant performance improvements in large XForms
- Fixes an error in FileLink items in combination with the new blob cache.
- Data Editor support
- Powerful new data editors and libraries can now be built in Smartsite.
- Wizard for quickly creating new data editors based on database tables.
- Improved support for binaries in the database
- Serving binaries from the database now equals the performance of serving binaries from disk.
- Reduced memory usage when serving binaries from the database.
- Support for uploading multiple images or binaries to content items.
- ADFS support
- Added menus on the dashboard for grouping apps
- Custom icons can now be used for dashboard apps
- New user actions
- Manage subtrees
- Url rewriter, allowing editors to create their own rewrite rules
- Recycle bin and purge content (formerly known as Data Management)
- Edit user path access
- Edit localized strings and cultures
- Edit access types and access type levels
- Http 404 and 500 error overview
- View database log entries
- Matrices for better security configuration insight
- Submitted forms improvements
- Submitted forms can now be exported to Excel
- Form number is now added to querystring when posting data to submission post url
- Smartforms parameters can be specified in the content type SFS
- Fixed problem when cut & pasting an image in TinyMCE made the image disappear
- Friendly name can now be made permanent automatically
- Editing a friendly name now has client side autocorrect
- Some buttons are now grouped in a button dropdown
- Hidden indicator is now shown in the tree
- Porn filter for the Twitter widget
- Improved security
- Passwords are now always created use the SHA 512 hash. Passwords stored in the older password formats will continue to work.
- User library shows notification for users that use an unsafe password format.
- Previewing an item now uses the changes in all open Edit Item tabs, allowing you to preview the changes of multiple edited translations at the same time.
- Added support for previewing translations in the new manager
- Several .Net Razor translation fixes
- Fixed white screen when uploading files under HTTPS in IE 10 and 11.
- Performance counters have been removed from Smartsite.
- Smartsite no longer uses the Windows impersonation (as defined in the Smartsite.security.config file) by default. This feature will be removed in the future.
- The COM Link Spider is now disabled and replaced with the .Net Link Spider.
- Many other minor improvements and bug fixes
- If you open the manager for the first time, some icons may be blank. You must refresh the browser cache by pressing Ctrl + F5 to solve this problem.