Release Notes for 7.6
Release date: November 4, 2016
- If you upgrade from Smartsite 7.1 or earlier, you must get a new license file from Seneca if you are currently using Hasp!
- Before you upgrade to Smartsite 7.4, you must convert your database to use nvarchar instead of varchar. Scripts are provided to perform this conversion, but it may take some time to convert the database and it may involve some manual steps. We recommend that you test this step in a test environment before applying it in production.
- Before you upgrade from Smartsite 7.4 or earlier, you must install .Net 4.5.2 on your server. We highly recommend that you install .Net 4.6.1 or later.
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- Thesaurus controls and management
- Easier submitted form handling and embedding
- New viper to store submitted forms in a standard format
- Standard encryption of submitted form data
- More powerfull forms
- Smartforms now allows you to select data from support tables (Smartform collections)
- Smartforms Collection (form support tables) import to and export from Excel.
- Use previously submitted forms as support tables.
- Reporting on submitted forms
- Item titles can now be customized in the content tree.
- Mime types library
- Create and manage personal views on the content tree
- UI refinements
- Infobox for easy access to content and user data
- Edit item now uses the default value if the value is null but the field is not nullable.
- Code Mirror control was too wide when editing text with long lines.
- Sitemap macro sort fix
- Image details did not always show the image.
- Fixed encoding problem in reference items
- Fixed invalid workflow state error.
- Custom invalid friendly name chars can now be set.
- Many other minor improvements and bug fixes
- If you open the manager for the first time, some icons may be blank. You must refresh the browser cache by pressing Ctrl + F5 to solve this problem.